Effective January 2024
Use of Pendo’s website as well as products and services made available by Pendo (collectively, the “Services”) is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) which is incorporated into Pendo’s Software Services Agreement (“SSA”) or any other governing agreement (each individually or collectively an “Agreement”) between Pendo and its Customers or Resellers (each a “Customer”). Capitalized terms used but not defined in the AUP have the meanings defined in the SSA. For the purposes of this AUP a visitor to Pendo’s website is deemed to be a Customer. If you do not agree with the terms of this AUP, please do not access or use the Services.
Updates to this AUP
This AUP is effective as of the date set forth above. Pendo may change this AUP by posting an updated version of the AUP on its website (available at https://www.pendo.io/legal/acceptable-use-policy/). Your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of any updates to this AUP.
Except as expressly authorized in the Agreement, Customer will not, and will ensure that its Users do not, directly or indirectly:
- License, sublicense, rent, lease, sell, resell, loan, distribute, translate, or otherwise transfer rights to the Services or Documentation;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble or otherwise obtain or attempt to create, derive, or obtain the source code of the Services;
- Modify, translate, enhance or otherwise change the Services or prepare derivative works of the Services, including creation and distribution of add-ons or enhancements or incorporation into another product unless expressly agreed between the parties;
- Copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, or transmit the Services or any other materials provided in connection therewith;
- Remove, obscure, or alter any notice of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right appearing in or on any item included with the Services;
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any methods employed by Pendo to control access to the components, features or functions of the Services or to prevent unauthorized use of or access to the Services; or interfere with, impair, or disrupt the security, integrity or performance of the Services or any other party’s use of the Services;
- Upload, share, or transmit via the Services any data or material that contains viruses, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, corrupt files, or other similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of the Services or any computer software, hardware or networks;
- Store or transmit via the Services infringing, libelous, unlawful, or tortious material or store material in violation of third party rights or applicable laws;
- Upload, send, or distribute spam via the Services, including the sending of unauthorized commercial content; or
- Use the Services:
- in any way that is fraudulent, misleading, or otherwise not reasonably intended by Pendo;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- in any way that supports hateful, racist, libelous, violent, or discriminatory activities;
- to promote or distribute content that contains nudity, graphic sex acts, or sexually explicit material;
- to engage in abusive, harassing, or bullying behavior, including when contacting Pendo for customer support;
- in violation of any laws, regulations, rules, orders and other requirements, now or hereafter in effect, of any governmental authority to whose jurisdiction Customer is subject (collectively, “Applicable Laws”). This includes violating Applicable Laws requiring (a) consent be obtained, or notices or disclosures be made, prior to processing personal data, and/or prior to transmitting, recording, capturing, collecting, or monitoring data or communications, including session replays and any data submitted to or processed by the Services; (b) compliance with opt-out requests for any data or communications; or (c) sending content or communications or email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law or regulation; or
- for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, other than the Permitted Purpose.
Pendo is under no obligation to monitor, review, filter, moderate, or remove any Customer Data from the Subscription Services. Notwithstanding the terms of the SSA, Pendo may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate an account immediately due to a violation of the AUP. Any person may report a violation of the AUP by reporting the violation here.
Pendo may revise this AUP at any time and will update the “last updated” date at the top of this page at that time. It is your responsibility to check this page and take notice of any changes.
If you have any questions or disclosures relating to the AUP, please contact Pendo at [email protected].