Understand how users engage with your products
Get going, fast
Act on insights
Get closer to your customers with product analytics
Frequently asked questions
Pendo Analytics is a product analytics tool that helps you gain powerful product data and insights into how users move through your web and mobile applications. Easy to learn and use, with no specialized skills required, Pendo’s product analytics capabilities help you answer your most important product questions.
Pendo Adopt is a digital adoption solution that helps you gain powerful application and behavioral data to make your business operations more effective. Easy to learn and use, with no specialized skills required, Pendo’s process analytics capabilities help you ask and answer your most important business effectiveness, transformation and compliance questions.
If you’re using Adopt, you’ll need to work with your IT team to deploy the Pendo Launcher browser extension to your employees. Learn more about setting up Pendo Analytics for Adopt here. Once you do that, it’s simple to add any web-based application—whether you built or bought it—to your Pendo Adopt Portfolio View. In addition, with our Okta Connector, you can bring in metadata that will enhance the behavioral data being collected, enabling you to start gathering real operational insights.
Pendo is an end-to-end product experience platform that helps product teams build better software—across web and mobile. The platform consists of product and process analytics to understand how users or employees behave and feel, in-app guides to deliver messages or announcements that influence how users move through your app, feedback to keep a pulse on user sentiment and requests, and roadmapping to plan and prioritize your product initiatives.
The Pendo platform works best when all of these tools are used together. For example, the power of having both analytics and in-app guides means you can:
- Create a segment of users or employees who have low product usage or adoption and send in-app messages to guide them to greater usage
- Deliver guides—and analyze their performance—to understand how to create better in-app guidance that impacts behavior (e.g. through more interactive content with video, better copy, etc.) or accelerates productivity
To learn more about how you can use product or process analytics and in-app guides together, read these posts on 5 ways to make your in-app onboarding more data-driven and 3 elements of a successful product or feature launch.
Pendo Analytics includes several key functions:
- Data Explorer: A powerful and easy product analytics tool that helps you access, explore, and analyze product data and unlock deep insights
- Paths and Funnels: Reveal how users move across multiple applications in web and mobile to discover moments of delight and friction
- Retention: Understand and measure the growth of your products by analyzing how often first-time users return to your product
- Product Engagement Score (PES): A single, quantitative metric that measures overall product engagement by combining three components—Adoption, Stickiness, and Growth
To get an idea of the types of insights Pendo can help you uncover, here are 10 questions you can answer with Pendo data.
Google Analytics is designed around analyzing public-facing marketing and transactional websites. Pendo is focused on the behavior of users within applications and combines behavioral analytics with user feedback and personalized in-app messaging. As a result, both solutions often coexist in a single business.
Leveraging key analytics functionality in Pendo Adopt, such as Paths and Workflows, Portfolio View, and License Utilization, you can measure and improve on a number of KPIs for your organization. Learn all about the 10 KPIs we recommend tracking to accelerate your digital adoption efforts, drive operational efficiency, and help you mature your digital workplace.