Mind the Product Training Course
Product Management Foundations
What is the role of the product manager?
Foundations is an overview course that helps product managers develop a broader understanding of their role. Build confidence, deepen product culture, and align your product team around a shared understanding of their craft.
The big questions:
- What are the core functions and primary responsibilities of a product manager?
- What does good product management look like?
- How do product managers know if they are adding value?
What we cover:
Product Development Lifecycle
- The stages of the product lifecycle and how they fit into your role
- Learning Mindsets and how they apply at each stage of the product lifecycle
- Evolving your craft as a product manager
- OKRs vs. KPIs vs. Metrics
- Breaking down business goals for your product
- Aligning the team and organisation around goals
- The difference between business goals and product outcomes
Hypothesis and Testing
- Crafting an effective hypothesis
- Ways to test your hypothesis
- Planning a valuable experiment
- Different type of experient
- Components of a user interview and when to use them
- Conducting user interviews and avoiding bias
- Understand the purpose of a roadmap
- Determine the right structure for your product roadmap
- Facilitate a collaborative roadmap creation and update process
- Identify outcomes and themes out of features and solutions
Leading Product Teams
- How to lead without authority
- Cultivating psychological safety
- Nurturing creativity